Thursday, December 15, 2011

Creative Mess

With one lamp, three decorative objects, six photo frames, seven books (and a thin layer of dust...), the top of my nightstand apparently still isn't busy enough - although that is a condition easily remedied by going to www.barnesandnoble.com. 

It is definitely the messiest spot in my otherwise neat and organized home, except perhaps for the drawer right underneath it...(now, that has a life of its own).

In a few days, the following titles will add to the creative mess:

Bel Ami by Guy de Maupassant
 
Underground Time by Delphine de Vigan
 
August Farewell by David G. Hallman
 
The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok
 
The Summer We Fell Apart by Robin Antalek
 
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

Can't wait!  Have you read them?  What did you think?

9 comments:

  1. I wish there was only one messy place in my house! I think my nightstand is the only clean thing, since the rest of my house has books littered all over it, mixed with laundry and dishes and toys. Lol. I haven't read any of those. *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah's Key is WAAAY high on my list.

    I write YA, so I read mostly YA.
    I just finished Catching Jordan and am halfway through Past Perfect.
    Both WAY fun reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will write short reviews of each of these books because I would love to know more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look up some of these - I haven't read any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! Have fun reading those! (And I'm with Cassie. I wish there were only one messy place in my house!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!
    Now I just have to decide which one to start with - I think it's going to be Bel Ami - somehow I am in the mood for a classic...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bel Ami--definitely a classic--and sometimes those are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of any of these books or authors before--I must live under some kind of rock--but the titles are intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Sarah's Key. The first half of the book is spectacular. Profound and thought provoking. I didn't enjoy the second half of the book as well. In fact, I didn't even read the final pages. I had trouble buying into the main character's conflict in her personal life. It seemed contrived.

    But, I still recommend the book. The historical parts are extremely well-written and so worth the read.

    ReplyDelete